Call: 1-818-310-6107 | Email:

Follow Us:

Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN)

What is an ITIN?

The Number of Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) is a number issued by the IRS that allows a person not eligible to obtain a Social Security number, to comply with tax laws or U.S. tax. ITINs are issued regardless of the immigration status.


This includes file a tax return. Any person listed as a taxpayer, spouse, or dependent on a federal tax return must provide a Social Security number (SSN) or ITIN to file your return. The ITIN allows a person to file a federal tax return of the United States and obtain a federal tax refund.


By obtaining an ITIN and filing your taxes, you are able to prove your period of residence in the United States, as well as fulfill your legal obligation with all tax laws.

The ITIN is not associated in any way with the Social Security Administration or the Citizenship and Immigration Services of the United States.

Getting an ITIN is easy!


To obtain an ITIN, an individual must:


  1. Completing (complete) a W-7, entitled Application for Personal Identification Number Taxpayer Internal Revenue Service.
  2. Attach this form to a federal tax return.
  3. Provide proof of identity documents or copies certified.


We know that dealing with the federal government to obtain an ITIN can be complex. For that reason, Smart Services is here to help you make the process a hassle-free experience. We are here to help you simplify the ITIN application process and compliance. We can analyze the documentation of applicants, complete a certificate of accuracy and a Form W-7 in order to expedite the request to the IRS for processing.


Documents acceptable as proof of identity and foreign status:


If you have an original copy, notarized or certified copy of a valid passport you do not need to submit additional proof.


Otherwise, the person must have at least two or more of the following documents:


  • ID Card (ID must have photograph, name, current address, date of birth and expiration date)
  • Driver’s license U.S.
  • Birth certificate
  • Driver’s license from a foreign country
  • Identity card issued by a state government of the United States
  • Document voter registration abroad (due date)
  • ID of the U.S. military
  • ID of foreign military
  • U.S. Visa issued by the Department of State
  • Photo ID of Immigration and Citizenship (USCIS)
  • Proof physicians (dependent only)
  • School vouchers (dependent and/or students only)


If you are using medical and/or school vouchers as identification for a child under 14 (18 if a student), they should be dated within a period of one year from the date stated on the application.

For more details and inquiry please don’t hesitate to contact us